Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Last Shout (of 2009, that is)

Xmas was awesome! My brother and his family were here, and we ate, drank and were merry for 5 days, which was great! Xmas dinner was quite successful, despite the shopping FAIL when I tried to buy artichokes and a few other problems. I am not sure what my highlights were, but the chocolate trifle was great. As was the lobster. And the garlic soup. Hmmmm, difficult to say, basically... Rather surprisingly, the only thing my nieces really liked was the garlic soup! Oh well, I attribute their refusal of tuna carpaccio, goats cheese fondue etc to a lack of experience and simply assume it does not reflect my cooking skills! ;-)

Obviously, in addition to eating, there were presents, and everyone was happy with what they received. Well, maybe I shouldnt speak on behalf of others, but at least I was very happy with mine! For photos, go to Facebook or to Fedor's blog.

On Sunday, they all left and we had some time to clean up the house and relax, which was nice for a change. I went back to work yesterday and today, to try and finish as many things as possible, which has been fairly successful. My paper is finished, the research project that I am quasi-supervising is in its final stages, my Workshop (taking place on 1-2 February) is nearly completely organised (the only thing still missing is funds to pay for it, but I am sure this will work out somehow), and I am ready to go on holiday.

Because tomorrow, we fly to Bangkok!!! For four weeks of Sun and Heat and Temples and Beach and Food and Culture etc etc etc. I am totally looking forward to it, and to fleeing from the Berlin cold. We will fly out of Frankfurt, so we have a 13.00 train to get to Frankfurt, so we even have time to take it slowly tomorrow morning. So for that reason we start our holidays by going to see Avatar in 3D tonight (recommendation by my brother and his wife). I hope it is going to be great!!!

So, the only thing still left for me to do is to wish everyone a great 2010! Think of us while we are lying on a nice comfy warm beach and you are suffering in the freezing cold. :-))))))))

Tschüßi,
OJ

1 comment:

xxxxxxx said...

Bits end pieces:

Merry Xmas (a bit late)!

How many courses did your Christmas Cooking entail this year?

Freezing over here as well, -15 or so is expected. Luckily the snow (30cm or so) has almost disappeared.

Happy new year!

Enjoy your honeymoon!

Sorry for all the exclamation marks! Once you put them behind one wish, and not behind another, it seems like one is more important than the other! And that is not actually true! So, to even it all out... (yes, I might have well left all of them out; no, I have not been drinking... recently).