Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Next up: Holland

As you can guess, the past time has been crazy busy. The midterms for the macro-courses that I am teaching are coming up very soon, so the students are getting nervous and the amount of time consumed by that increases significantly! In addition to that, I wanted to finish some additional work on my paper before going to Holland to present it. The bad news is: I didn't actually finish the things I wanted to finish. The good news, however: I have had a new idea for a paper and it seems like something that could really be worthwhile! And by worthwhile, I mean relevant, new and relatively easy to do. So I am completely excited about this, and my supervisor was reasonably positive too today: woohoo!
On Thursday, I will fly to Holland (assuming the planned strike at Lombardic airports is going to be cancelled) and I will spend that day either visiting my brother's new child (if (s)he manages to be born in time), or visiting my parents. At night, I am staying in Amsterdam and on Friday there will be the NAKE Research Day in Utrecht, where I am going to present my paper (for the fifth time: I am starting to get mildly sick of it now). Then, after another night in Amsterdam, I will fly back to Milano on Saturday morning. Busy, busy, busy, because we're going to have Fedor's family visiting for his birthday...
On the subject of visitors, we had our first visitors in months last weekend, when Femke and Ruud came over for a few days. It was very enjoyable and it was nice to have them...

Finally, I should add the invite we've been sending around for our Prosecco Party, to celebrate Fedor's 26th birthday which is coming up. I think the invitation looks kinda cool, but of course I have to give credit where credit's due and I therefore thank Jorryt for the background photo that he took (and he doesnt know I'm using it).

Ciao,
OJ

1 comment:

xxxxxxx said...

The invitation looks cool indeed, but I have to decline.

As to your question on my blog, no, I will not be at the NAKE research day. I do have a meeting through telephone with some government folks in Amsterdam on Nov. 9th, though, so I am kind of in the vicinity.