Sunday, October 14, 2007

good times

Wow, I can't believe how long it has been since my last post. It really is just the case that there's a lot going on and I don't find the time to post anything. As I mentioned, last weekend we were in Duesseldorf visiting my friend Stephie, It was great to see her and she showed us her lovely city. And a lovely city, it is! It really is amazingly beautiful, with gorgeous architecture and very friendly people. Apparently, Duesseldorf is actually one of the wealthiest cities in Germany and with the wealthiest inhabitants as well, which explains a lot! Our visit was extremely short, but it was certainly worth it, because it was great!
Just some photos:




For more photos, go
HERE

After returning from Duesseldorf, I went to see the new exhibition in Via Dante (where there is a photo exhibition every winter), this time with National Geographic-photographers around the theme EQUILIBRIUM. I went mainly to check out the great photography, but also to take some pictures so I could write something about the exhibition on Volkskrant Reizen, for whom I write as a Travel Correspondent nowadays (in Dutch, though).

The rest of the week was lots of classes and office hours (I still hate teaching, but at least the classes are going a bit better now than my first one....). And of course, working on my research. I have had a great idea for an extension of my first paper, so I am working on that right now. I also received confirmation that I am welcome to present my paper at the NAKE Research Day in Utrecht in 2 weeks. So that means I can go to Holland for a short time (hopefully in time for my sister-in-law to have her baby........). It will be a very short time, though, because we're also having visitors around that time and it will be Fedor's birthday. So in the end, I will go from Thursday morning until Saturday Morning, but it will be nice, I'm sure. I have already booked a hotel (in Amsterdam, because Utrecht is way to expensive) and I am looking forward to it!

Finally, this weekend we had for ourselves. Well, not completely, because we invited Nina and Antonio for dinner yesterday. So I spent all day cooking and we ended up with a lovely Japanese meal. It was a great success and I think everyone enjoyed it. I tried out something new, buying a big piece of swordfish, which was an interesting addition to the standard tuna and salmon I alwasy use.
Of course we finished the meal with home-made limoncello, which I make occassionally. It was a lot of fun (and I am the only one not hung-over today, so that's good too!).

This week: lots of work!
ciao,
OJ

No comments: