Sunday, November 19, 2006

Goodbye Niels & Marielle

On Friday, my brother Niels and his wife Marielle arrived. Marielle had not been to Milano before and also for Niels, our house was still new. It was great to see them both, although they unfortunately brought some bad weather along....
Friday afternoon, after a bit of a rest and a cup-of-tea, we went for a bit of a walk through town. In the evening, we were doubting between our 2 favourite pizzerias. One is hip and funky, while the other is traditional and has huge pizzas. Thankfully, the decision was made for us when it turned out to be raining badly. We simply went to the closest! We enjoyed a lovely meal there and came home afterwards. The next morning started out with (as always) the Cimitero Monumentale. By now, the weather had not actually improved, but for the Cimitero this is not such a big problem. After all, it is a cemetary and a bit of fog only adds to the atmosphere there...


After lunch at Corso Como, we went on to Hightech, Brera, the Castello and the Via Dante Photo Exhibition. A nice little tour that has been perfected by a lot of practice. It is amazing that I actually still enjoy making the same tour. I simply love showing people around! (maybe I should have become a tour guide after all). After the Duomo and enjoying some anti-war hardrock music on Piazza Duomo, we went home again to rest before dinner. Dinner consisted of Aperitivo at Le Trottoir, which was enjoyable as always. This morning, Niels and Marielle left again...
Fedor is obviously very happy, because his laptop has now returned from being repaired and it works again! So we have spent our sunday the way it is supposed to be spent: doing nothing important. Filing photos, updating our blogs, laundry, sewing (damn, do I hate sewing on buttons... seriously!). And tonight we will go for aperitivo to celebrate Idil's 30th birthday!!!
Tomorrow will be my first official Italian class (as I missed the real first one, being stuck in the Police station) and my last day before going to Cordoba on Tuesday. I will actually fly into Malaga Tuesday Morning, from where I will take a train to Cordoba. On Saturday, when the conference has finished I will return to Malaga and on Sunday I come back to Milano. I am looking forward to it, although it would have obviously been nicer if Fedor could have come along.... Oh well, nothing I can do about it now! And besides, I expect to be very busy there anyway, so it would not have been much fun for him...
Ciao,
OJ

1 comment:

Esther said...

Have a great time in Cordoba!! And about the tourguide thing: if you ever get sick of your current occupation, you always have a good second option!