Tuesday, November 08, 2011

November

Wow, what a month! I don't even know where to start. Let's just summarize:
- China was awesome. I didn't get to see the Great Wall, as I missed my connecting flight in Frankfurt. But I did get to see Number 16 of The List (The Forbidden City) and had an interesting experience at this military conference in Wuhan.
- Greifswald turns out to be a lovely little town. Old Hanseatic League, well-preserved, etc. The conference was pretty interesting, and I got the opportunity to visit the Nazi rocket factory of Peenemünde.
- Halloween was fun as always! We were dressed as Jakob and Edward from Twilight (although I only managed to get one of my contacts in) and there were lots of people who adhere to our Haunted Hollywood theme (and a few who didn't).
- The weather has been brilliant! (relatively speaking, that is, given that it is November)
- I said 'no' to a job offer... In Thailand... With pain in my heart, I must admit!!! But unfortunately, the job offer wasn't simply imperfect, it was terrible... So the search continues! (another interview didn't come to anything)
- Last week, my brother and his wife came to visit. The weather was absolutely brilliant, and we went to visit Charlottenburg park, which was really really pretty!!!



Now over the next weeks, I am going to Barcelona for a few days, Brussels/Leuven for a few days and seemed to have to go to Bonn for a job thing (I booked the ticket and everything, and was then told the test was taking place in Berlin anyway... bugger!). So in between lots of work, there is still a few bits of fun to be had!!!

Tschüßi,
OJ