Sunday, October 09, 2011

Lazy Sunday

...and loving it!

Last weekend, thanks to Reunification Day, we were able to spend a long weekend in the Netherlands. And it was lovely! We partied with Jochen, visited friends, saw allllll the familly (mine in Assen, Fedor's in Nijmegen) and were merry all around! It was great to actually have a reasonable amount of time with everyone, and the weather was simply gorgeous, so that was pleasant too. Oh, and another great thing: the trip back Nijmegen-Berlin in only 5.5 hours... That made me a happy pumpkin!

So this week ended up being a short one, with only 4 days of work, and a rather unproductive one, unfortunately. This week is the "anniversary" of Germany's tenth year in Afghanistan, so there was a lot of media attention to that. In order to celebrate this, we re-hashed our numbers from last year, and we ended up getting a lot of email from journalists, concerned citizens etc. I even got a phone call from someone whom I thought was a journalist, but turned out to be an army representative, to ask about our numbers: oops!

This weekend was supposed to be really lazy. We had dinner with Fedor's friend Wouter on Friday night, and yesterday consisted of Shopping: supermarkets, shoe shops and most importantly... Halloween shops! I know, it sounds a little too early, but with me being away to China next weekend, and Greifswald the weekend after, this really was the last opportunity. So we got all the stuff we need for our fantastique costumes... :-)))) This year, our party actually has a theme, which makes it a bit more of a challenge for people: Haunted Hollywood. Come dressed as your favourite dead celebrity! So looking forward to that!

I am also still working on creating the perfect cupcakes, but progress is slow, I must admit... Anyway, I will be leaving for China on Tuesday, let's see whether I can pick up some more cupcake inspiration there! (somehow, I doubt it, but hey, it's worth trying!

Tschüßi,
OJ