Wednesday, July 22, 2009

New toilet!!!

The past weeks have flown by again. I have spent a lot of time finishing the toilet and now it looks absolutely amazing. Here are the pre- and post- pictures:

 




Doesnt it look absolutely amazing? I am so happy my brother was able to come and help a few weeks ago with the floors though, because I would so not have been able to do that myself....

Anyways, more pictures are available here

Last weekend, my highschool friend Bastiaan and his new girlfriend came to visit and we had an absolutely fabulous time! The weather could have been a bit better, but we managed to see some of Berlin and enjoy ourselves immensely with drinking, playing games and not getting enough sleep.



The visitors' season is now seriously starting, with Fedor's Mum arriving on Saturday and staying until Tuesday, after which another friend will be here from Tue until Thu and Idil will visit from Milan from Thu until Tue. After that, there are two days of rest and my oldest brother and his family will come over! I am really excited about having so many visitors, but it certainly is a good thing that Fedor still has not found a job yet!!!

On the health front, things are fluctuating a bit. I have several things, but it is an allergy that is bothering me most. When I first had it, the doctor gave me medication and I felt great again afterwards, but last week (culminating on Sunday night), it came back with a vengeance (in summary: completely swollen head, red spots everywhere, swollen limbs and terrible muscle aches). I have different medication now, but as we have no idea what I might be allergic to, these are also not working quite as well as they should. In addition to the allergy thing, I am having a belly inspection tomorrow for which I have been on a no-fiber or many other things diet for a week. Which is (1) inconvenient and (2) awfully depressing. Today is different though: today I am not allowed to eat anything at all...

Oh well, I am sure everything will be fine, and at least I am getting my money's worth out of the German Health System!

Tschüßi,OJ

2 comments:

Lilian & Jorryt said...

Oh dear...... sounds like the vegitarian swine flue ;-)

Or perhaps your liver is screaming for more alcohol.....

Anyways...... toilet looks good. We will call soon to make an appointment to try it out.

Tschuss....

Lilian & Jorryt

xxxxxxx said...

I was kind of wondering whether we should bother everybody with our baby boy's pictures all the time, but having seen your most recent post, I am past that phase. Thanks for the enlightening toilet stories. I wonder what will be next (isn't there a kitchen cupboard that needs updating?).

Anyway, on the health issues, it sounds depressing indeed. I hope they'll figure out what it exactly is, because not knowing may be even worse than going through all the examinations. I hope it's nothing a pill or two can't tackle.