Monday, December 08, 2008

Immacolata

Happy immocolata everyone! That is, the day of Madonna's Immaculate Collection (uhm, or Conception: I never know which one) and therefore, a forced Free Day! At least this year, the holiday of San Ambrogio was on a Sunday (yesterday), so that was not an additional free day. Oh well, while I would have preferred to be working right now, I guess having a three-day-weekend is not too bad either! It has given me the opportunity to put up all the xmas decorations and make our xmas card for this year.

Particularly the decorating-thing was quite a crisis. I had decided to finally go for a more subdued and traditional xmas tree this year, instead of the horrible collection of light and colour that I usually apply. But, it turned out, that all my neutral xmas lights didnt work anymore! Can you say drama? Anyways, I bought new ones and quickly decorated the tree into a lovely red-white-silve ensemble. And we managed to buy the first xmas presents as well, so it all looks lovely now!

Yesterday, we also got the opportunity to enjoy the O Bej, o bej, market: the yearly San Ambrogio-related event with lots of stalls selling food and other goodies. But, strangely enough, NO mulled wine this year!!!! (ie gluehwein, vin brulée or vin chaud). Quite a disappointment, I must say. Oh well, we enjoyed some on Saturday already, home-brewn and gorgeous!

From the Job Market, there has been no news, apart from the odd rejection here and there (oh, you think that just because I know nothing about Urband Development and India, that makes me an undesirable candidate for working on your Urban Development Project in Hyderabad, India??? Well, FINE! I don't even WANT to work for you anymore!). So in the meanwhile, i just continue labouring on my dissertation and assisting the students that come to me by the dozen nowadays...

Ciao,
OJ

No comments: