Wednesday, April 02, 2008

bits and pieces of news

It's because G. asked that I am posting this. No real news yet from the interview. It seems they are positive, but some minor problems have arisen. Next week there should be more news. Which means I am unfortunately going to miss the conference in Amsterdam.... that's too bad. But to compensate for that, I did get accepted for a conference in Tunisa, early June and invited to attend a week-long seminar at Brown University at the end of June (which I will attend, if I do not get the desired result from the job interview).

So all in all, things seem pretty good, eh? For the rest, I'm very busy, making sure I am all prepared before next week's conference in Izmir, Turkey. And Bart and Tineke were here last weekend and it was lovely! The weather was gorgeous and we enjoyed the city and the antiques market a lot!




I'll keep you posted on further developments!
Ciao,
OJ

PS This was the 300th entry into my blog... And while I am not going to present statistics as fancy as G., I will point out to you that my speed is declining significantly. The first 100 was reached after about 6 months. I reached 200 after about 12 months, but to reach 300, I needed a total of 32 months! It's pathetic, isn't it?

No comments: