Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Too much to discuss.

Well, actually, now that I am thinking about it, there's really not that much to discuss... Lots of work, a few nice evenings here and there, the works. We had friends of Fedor over for the weekend, who kept us rather busy, and we said goodbye to our friends Nina and Antonio who are moving to the Netherlands.

More specifically, I am happy to report that it's nearly christmas! And that means several things. First of all, the courses I am teaching have nearly finished, so that creates a lot of extra time in my schedule. This whole teaching business may be ridiculously overpaid, but it certainly does take up a lot of time. And it's so frustrating when students simply refuse to participate properly (they had complained after the midterm that the classes weren't interactive enough. I try and make them more interactive, but they just refuse to cooperate with me...). But it's good to know that that is nearly over... The second thing I love about xmas is all the functions that are organised. Although I must honestly say that this year there are not a lot of them. Even Fedor's job is not organising a xmas party this year :-(. But at least on Monday, there was a nice lunch of the department of Economics. Tomorrow is the xmas dinner for student representatives (but I'm not going to go) and Thursday afternoon is another session with just the PhD. So, it's not a terribly bad score, but I have had better years! The final thing that is so great about xmas here is the decorations! Milano has really expanded its decorations budget this year, that's for sure, because the city is simply gorgeous! Piazza Duomo is stunning, and I have shown photos of the Castello before: nice, wasn't it?




But, one thing is has been very disappointing: no Swarovski-decorated xmas tree in the middle of the Galleria this year. I was very sad when I found out the Swarovski tree had been dumped...

Finally, the flu has been going around and it has entered our home. Not good... (I say while blowing my nose and coughing my lungs out)

Ciao,
OJ

1 comment:

xxxxxxx said...

Enjoy your Christmas celebrations. Compared to the Milanese pictures, the Grote Markt Christmas tree and ice-skating facility look rather unimpressive, I have to admit.