Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Still Fedor's Birthday

It's amazing, his birthday seems to be unending! Not only is he still receiving presents (although we know there is still stuff lost in the mail. At least the drawings of my niece have arrived today). But more importantly, we also finally had his birthday party last Saturday. About 35-40 people in our tiny flat, for dinner... And it was a lot of fun!!!


I did spend about 2 days in the kitchen, making lasagnas, quiches, pies, pasta salads, rice salad, potatoe salad (huzarensalade, actually! Very nice...), et cetera. But it was totally worth it, because everybody seemed to appreciate it a lot. Particularly my real Dutch FE-DOR Apple pies were highly appreciated:

And nearly everyone kept with the theme of the evening: Prosecco Party! So there was lots and lots of Prosecco to go around (and actually, there was lots left as well). The next afternoon, after having finished cleaning, the glass disposal looked as if it was January 1st!
But I also had fun letting people try out some of the liquors I made. As expected, there was little praise for Rucolacello (probably because it's kinda gross), but the limoncello and arancello was liked...

All in all, I can say that I had an absolutely great time, but it is too much hassle to do on a regular basis... Maybe next year again.

Finally, great news from Holland. My Sis-in-Law gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Meet Hannah:

Isn't that lovely, with Leah sweetly caring for Hannah? I am very excited about seeing them all next week, when I go to see the family...

In other news: Fedor broke his computer. Stupido.

Ciao,
OJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Darling,

Glad to see you had a lot of fun. My mum and Tom had their birthdays last week but the celebrations were a lot smaller.
I'm off to Leeds this weekend, visiting Rachel who I know from my Euroculture-year.
Will email more then.

Marie