Monday, July 09, 2007

it's been 10 days!

Oh dear, I cant believe it has been this long since I have updated... I think the problem is that Fedor is now working less. This means I have much less time sitting at home thinking "hmmm, what shall I do now?". Today is an exception, because Fedor is out for dinner with some students.
So today I have time to update and I am in the mood to do so. A week ago, we had friends of Fedor coming over for the weekend. It was lovely to see Steef and Marieke, for sure. It was Steef's second visit to Milano and Marieke's first.


I had made the girls quite excited about the prospects of the summer sales starting, but unfortunately, I was actually WRONG. Sales did not start that weekend, as I had been told, but started a week later (last Saturday). However, I think the girls enjoyed themselves, despite the lack of sales... After their departure, it was another week of work et cetera. Some grading, some discussions with stupid students who dont understand why they failed, et cetera, et cetera. The normal thing.
On Friday, however, Fedor's father arrived with his Quartet. They decided to have their annual singing trip to Milan this year in order to sing in the streets and enjoy themselves.
 

What can I say? They were the big hit in the Galleria at that moment. Of course, news about this is not complete without some live video of the event:

(you know how it works right? Just press the PLAY button)
Apart from their several singing events, they also simply enjoyed the city, and we showed them all the great bits of it! (and enjoyed the lovely meals they took us to). We were pleasantly surprised at finding a concert of the Chamber Orchestra of La Scala on the Piazza Del Duomo. This was absolutely stunning: their renditions of Vivaldi's Four Seasons and some works of Astor Piazzolla were excellent. The mosquitos were absolutely killing us, but even this could not make it any less enjoyable!
Also this weekend, of course, the sales did start. I had a flying start on Saturday and bought 5 shirts in several degrees of discount. I was very, very satisfied about my little shopping trip. On Wednesday, the shops will be open all-night, as part of the series of White Nights Milano is organising: I am plannign to have another go at the shops then!!!!
Ciao,
OJ

No comments: