Sunday, February 25, 2007

Hungover

A week of work, with little to say about it. Except for the fact that Thursday morning, I could no longer start up my computer. Of course this was quite a shock and I quickly analysed the problem (which was quite easy, because it was written on the screen: CONFIG.SYS was missing). This is a problem that has occurred before and last time I only managed to start up half of the computer after a lot of hassle and had to reformat the harddrive in the end. Obvioulsy I was very pissed off and I decided that it was time for a new laptop. I am so fed-up with that old fcking thing and all the trouble it always causes (I have had it for nearly 4 years, though)... Luckily we received some advertising the day before and I decided to just buy the cheapest laptop they had available. So after going to Uni during the day (and to Chinatown to visit the International Foodstore), I went to this shop and bought myself a 599 euro gorgeous laptop...

1 Gb RAM, 80 Gb HD, Intel Celeron M and a wide screen. I am molto felice about this thing... (and of course very grateful that Fedor was willing to lend me the money to be able to afford it!). One little issue with this computer is the fact that Windows only speaks Italian. In a Dutch version of Windows, one can easily change the operation language, but apparently Italian Windows is constructed in such a way that one cannot actually change the language at all!!! So this is good for my attempts to learn proper Italian (as long as I am discussing operating systems, viruses or the execution of programmes, I will be fine!).
I have not yet been able to actually get the data from my old computer, but this is going to be another project some day soon...
Yesterday, I spent the entire day in the kitchen in order to prepare a lovely Japanese meal. Well, Japanese-fusion meal, I should say. Artichokes are not that Japanese, I guess. But the miso-soup and the range of different kinds of sushi etc etc were definitely Japanese. The pineapple carpaccio was not, though. So fusion-Japanese at best...
For dinner, we had two guests: my ex-flatmate Meghan and my friend Idil, who both enjoyed the dinner a lot (I think), as did we... Afterwards we were obvioulsy a little tipsy already, but we decided to go dancing at the Johann Sebastian Bar, where we had such an aweseome time when Bastiaan and Anne were visiting. And we had a great time again!!! Danced our legs off, had a lot of fun with the 60-year old barbie-like woman looking like a dragqueen past her prime, who is the resident DJ at the establishment... Et cetera, et cetera. After putting the absolutely waisted Meghan in a cab, we walked home where we supposedly arrived at approximately 4. Today we stayed in bed very very late, and we are not both hungover... But also very satisfied about this weekend...
Ciao,
OJ

No comments: