Thursday, December 07, 2006

Cooker

Oh my god, what a disaster it was to get the cooker, as I have hinted before. But we finally managed! To summarise, we had been waiting since August for its arrival. The landlord had been promising to deliver it any time soon during all that time as well, but to no avail.
Last week, we finally made it: the cooker was at the smith and I only had to go and see him. After going there twice, we realised it was not actually that easy. However, thanks to the landlord, the smith arrived Friday (2 hours late, but still). He then realised something was wrong and returned to his shop and came back again later. Quite a hassle it was. Especially because there was still something wrong... On Monday, he was due to come again, but did not show up. The next day, I received an accusing message from the landlord that we had not been at home. Strange... At night we checked whether the doorbell was actually working properly, to make sure we would not miss him again. But even though it did work, there was no smith. Another accusing message from the landlord incited me to go to the smith directly... (it was 21.30 by this time).
Once again, he was not there. However, when I was about to enter our building, I saw the smith cycling past. So I ran after him like a little girl and caught him. He then came into the house to make the final installation. Or so we thought...
This time he managed to make it work. But not completely well, so he had to return the next evening again. All this was starting to piss me off by now, because I had to come home early from Uni every day... Yesterday he arrived again and went on to install everything properly. Unfortunately, he did this so rigorously that he actually broke the tubes... His suggestion was to return the next day and finish the work, but I did not think that would be such a good idea, so he returned the same nite and used a lot of aggresive equipment to repair the entire system. And finally, after 4 months of waiting and after 6 visits of the smith (thank god, I am not paying him), we finally have a GAS COOKER!!!! No more cooking on electricity!!!!

Anyways, I was very happy about this and I wanted to wish everybody a happy San Ambrogio (the Saint who protects Milano)... Down here are some more photos of last weekend. Mostly made by Jorryt...
 
 
 
 

Ciao,
OJ Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Esther said...

Wow, congratulations with "THE Cooker", you just enjoy it more now that it's been such a fight. And you WON hehehehe. Glad everything down under is not as hard to arrange as it is in Milano. Nice pictures from last weekend! Take care!