Monday, June 13, 2011

Loving all these 3-day weekends!

This week, Bart & Tineke came to visit us: we had a lot of fun, visiting biergartens and enjoying the weather... The World Cultures' Carnaval also took place this weekend, so we took the opportunity to see the parade and all that: good times were had! Last weekend, Jorryt and Lilian came over (not pregnant, for a change), and we visited biergartens and had a jolly good time!

That also included finishing the Berliner Mauerweg! We did it, the whole 160 kms... I should organize a bunch of photos at some point, but let's just say it is absolutely worth doing it, because you get to see some parts of Berlin that you would never randomly encounter... :-)

I also finally had the opportunity to do a Berliner Unterwelten Tour in one of the WW2 bunkers. A really interesting tour inside an old gas tower, later converted to a bunker, then converted to an old people's home, a hotel, a homeless' shelter et cetera. Fascinating stuff... That was with my colleagues, with whom we had our annual retreat (accept that there was no budget, so we couldnt actually retreat anywhere to and ended up staying in Berlin).

And as for the latest news: I had a job interview and it went really well. I have to decide whether I really want it and then they are going to decide whether to offer it to me... Exciting times, but also difficult times because the job's location isn't particularly convenient for Fedor and for the probability of him finding a job... It's in Kathmandu, Nepal... Stay tuned and I will keep you updated!

Tschüßi,
OJ

7 comments:

Gerwin said...

I would not be able to construct a sentence with Nepal and "good job" in it, yet in your case it doesn't surprise me.

Nepal as the center of research on war, peace, conflict, and something with matrices and vector. That does surprise me.

hapi said...

Hi OJ, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Esther said...

Nepal??? Awesome.....tell us more :D

Marley's Mom said...

Watch these 3 sisters sing at youtube.com/OfficialACE3

Anonymous said...

Hello.
I started to write blog in English.
I will write about everythinkg, will be a lot of pictures, reviews of books, films, songs etc.
So it would be nice if you visit my blog sometimes :)
(Sorry for mistakes, I'm still learning English)
http://bianchii.blogspot.com

You have an amazing photos! :)

postscript printer said...

nice country...nepal

Alma said...

tee shirts homme
tee shirts burberry homme
tee shirts ED Hardy hommes
tee shirts G star homme
tee shirts louis vuitton homme
chaussures femmes
chaussures chanel femmes
chaussures chanel high heels
chaussures chanel low heels
chaussures louis vuitton femmes
chaussures Louis Vuitton femmes low heels
chaussures Nike Gladiateur Mid femmes
Accessories & jewelry
Accessoires Sac louis vuitton
boucle louis vuitton
boucle vivienne
bracelet chanel
bracelet juicy
bracelet links
bracelet louis vuitton