Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Manchester

We spent the weekend in Manchester, in order to meet up with my old friend Matt. Manchester is quite a cool place: interesting modern architecture and a lot of old buildings... And of course: the nightlife... After a little foray into a Lesbian club (oopsy, wrong club), we found the right place to be. Fun times in Manchester! We stayed at an alcohol- and TV-free muslem-run hotel, which was quite lovely, right off the Curry Mile...




Anyway, it was a lovely weekend. This week is another week of plentiful work (I lost 1.3 trillion $ of my estimate for the costs of conflict today due to a data construction error... oopsy again!). The coming weekend is going to be about Italian visitors, with Jen, Massi and Kate coming to visit. I cannot wait! And then afterwards, I'm off to Montreal for 5 days: enjoying the cold and the snow (apparently).

Tschüßi,
OJ

PS And I managed to make Fedor happy: I'm going to Greece for a conference in May and he is coming with, so he can finally see Athens! Hope it's in a better state than last time I was there.... (2002-03)

1 comment:

Esther said...

Lovely pictures! Good to hear you're travelling so much, but from one cold place to the other is not a very good idea :P