Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ethiopian photos!

See, now that I am back, I feel like I should be posting! First, I noticed that the number of visitors to this blog have not actually dropped very much during the time that I didn't post anything. To be precise, the number of visitors has actually been increasing!!!

So I did some basic statistical analysis, with N=25 monthly observations and at first sight, the correlation appears to be negative between the number of posts and the number of visits to my blog. The correlation coefficient is about -0.32 and regressing posts on visits gives a negative coefficient with a p-value of 0.12, so pretty close to significance!

However, when controlling for a linear time trend, the effect of posts becomes a lot smaller. While still negative, it is no longer anywhere close to being significant. Finally, after eyeballing the data, I think it is important to control for the month of January. I am guessing it may have something to do with my birthday, or with people being interested after xmas holidays or something, but January appears to attract a lot of visitors. Adding a January-dummy (which is highly significant, as is the time trend), the number of posts finally has a positive impact on the number of visits. So that is good to know: you do actually like it when I post something. Thanks for that!

Anyway, apart from that little geeky intermezzo, here are some of the promised photos from our Ethiopian holiday:







Summary: It was AMAZING.

Tschüßi,
OJ

PS We're off to Dublin for the weekend for a mini Bocconi reunion! Afterwards, I'm off to London for work and then we go to Hamburg for a party next weekend!

1 comment:

sabear989 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.