Saturday, February 07, 2009

ATMosfera, here we go!

We were lucky to be able to go on the ATMosfera this weekend already, because when Fedor called them to make a reservation, it turned out they had just had a cancellation moments before. So yesterday, we made our way to Castello, from where our trip departed. And I must say, it really is pretty cool! Awfully decadent of course, but pretty cool nonetheless. It's a 2.5 hour journey through Milan, seeing some of the nice places here and in the meantime you get nice food (I had the fish dinner, Fedor the meat) and wine! Absolutely worth doing, although considering the cost, probably not something we'll be doing again!
Just a few pictures (and yes, it was pissing it down with rain: it's been pissing down rain for about 3 weeks now. Don't get me started!)

 

 

 

The rest of the week has been pretty relaxed. With the burden of the dissertation of my shoulders, the burden of finding a job has become a little heavier, but it has also become my main focus. Wednesday, I'll be flying to Berlin, to do my job presentation at the DIW... Let's see where that will lead... In the meantime, while it isn't leading anywhere, I just send more applications everywhere!
Tonite we're going to do pizza with a bunch of friends, which will be nice. It'll include a friend of mine from Minnesota who is here to do his job talk for an Assistant Professor position at Bocconi.

Oh, and contrary to this week, I have actually remembered some of the things I have read this week that I though might be interesting. Here are some cool links:
- Italians propose to ban foreign food, because "foreigners are willing to work hard and that is unfair competition" LINK
- Now that the paper version of my PhD is finished, I guess I have to focus on expressing my dissertation through....... dance! Read more HERE
- Research shows that cows-with-names give more milk than cows that do not get their own identity..... My friend Felix, however, wonders whether the increase in production warrants the amount of effort of having to learn your cows' names... LINK
Well, I am sure there were other things I wanted to mention, but this'll have to be it for now!
Ciao,
OJ

No comments: