Monday, July 28, 2008

Off to India

Just two more days before we're off to India! And I am so ready for it... Particularly because I finally heard last week that I will receive an extension of my scholarship into next year! So that means I am not going to be starving just yet! woohooo, and it's a bigger scholarship than I've been receiving these past years, that's also quite pleasant.
For the rest, it's been lots and lots of working, as always. And a few Indian movies, to get into the mood (if you ever have a chance, Love Story 2050 is a must-see!). Additionally, we have also been out partying a few times of course, among which was a curry-bollywood night at our friend Louisa's place last Saturday... And a (free) concert of the Latvian Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra at the Villa Reale last week.
The best concert that we've recently seen, however, was the Roberto Fonseca Group from Cuba, who also performed at the Villa Reale, last Thursday. You've got to love the Milano municipality for organizing lots and lots of stuff during Summer to entertain the few people who are actually in town... During August, however, even the Municipality takes some time off, but in September they are back with a vengeance with another month-long music festival!
Anyways, I'm sure it's gonna be a long time before the next update, because we're off to India!!!! (oh, and I've once again broken my laptop, so that also doesn't quite improve my posting abilities...)
Ciao,
OJ

2 comments:

xxxxxxx said...

Enjoy your holiday break, you definitely deserve some time off in between the conferences (no, joking, I do know you work you bottom off).

Congratulations on the extension of the scholarship. And sorry for not commenting that often. We are having some issues over the mortgage and these are a bit troubling, to say the least (yet, the end of it all is in sight).

Esther said...

I can only agree with Gerwin: Enjoy, relax and soak up all of the culture and nature in India! We expect a long post with loads of pictures when you return ofcourse ;)