Thursday, September 27, 2007

Basta Banca Intesa

Oh My God... I have had my first positive Banking Experience in Italy!!! Last Monday, I went to Unicredit Banca to open a new bank account. As I posted recently, I was totally sick of bloody Banca Intesa and I really want to get rid of them. So therefore, I went to open a new bank account. Surprise #1: I was treated politely and respectfully. Suprise #2: opening a bank account here only took 1 day! In fact, it only took 1 hour! But the biggest surprise of all came when I mentioned that I already had an account with Banca Intesa that I was trying to get rid of: It turned out that this bank had the service of closing old accounts and transferring all kinds of account-related transfers et cetera. Of course, this is normal in countries with a civilised banking system, but to find such a thing in Italy was a huge shock to me! I realise that everything is bound to go wrong during this process, but for now it is making me very happy. And it saves me a lot of time of having to go to Banca Intesa and actually close the account myself (although I had psychologically prepared myself for making a scene there: that would have been fun....).

Another good thing is the fact that the account is really cheap: only 1€ per month (well, plus 9€ per 3 months, plus a charge for each transcation, but all of that is normal, right? Well, it is in this damned country).

The rest of the week was rather quiet. I worked a bit and started my teaching. In fact, I taught my first real class yesterday, a tutorial in Macroeconomics. It was exhausting I must admit, but I just ignored the fact that no-one was paying me any attention. After all, I am not getting paid for the number of people paying attention, but simply per hour! I just really hope that all the people who obviously didnt give a shit about the tutorial will not be there next time. That way, those who are interested may actually learn something (but once again: when I am getting 176€ per 45 minutes, you can put me in front of an empty wall and I will tell my story just as vividly!

Saturday we're leaving for 2 days in Paris: woooohooooooooooooooooooooo
Ciao,
OJ

2 comments:

xxxxxxx said...

Congratulations on getting rid of Intesa.

Tip for Paris (kind of a freaky place): Catacombes, in Montparnasse (I think opposite of the Montparnasse-Bienvenue subway station). Won't get you any points, but an impressive collection of bones it is.

Esther said...

First of all: I totally agree with Gerwin (although I don't know anything about the catacombes, but is sounds good). Have fun!
Second: I DO NOT live in Diemen-Zuid, but in Diemen centre. Which is a big difference :) Much nicer neighbourhood and no references to terrible songs ;)