Sunday, August 05, 2007

All's well, and Banca Intesa is crazy as ever

The temperature has gone down!!! It's really been lovely in Milan the past week or so: only about 30° and an actual cooldown at night: simply perfect! It probably also helps that the city is becoming like a ghost town (it's August: everyone's leaving), which I find very calming. It's a bit of a hassle that all shops et cetera are also closing up for the rest of the month, but I guess we'll be able to get over that. So, what has been happening here? Not much actually, to be honest. We are currently having two friends over. Fedor's friend Marike, who lives in London and her friend Rosie. It is quite enjoyable having them here: they are lovely.

Last week, I had a little funny spat with my Banca Intesa: they really are idiots. I received an e-mail on Tuesday, with the following message (summarised) "dear sir, we have decided that we will close your account, so please take note you will no longer be able to use it. Best, Banca Intesa". Well, you can imagine that I certainly did freak out and I went to the other side of the city the following morning (I can only go to one specific branch office, which is on the other side of town). After waiting for half an hour it was finally my turn, so I asked the sweet lady what the fck was going on. She carefully reads my email and says "oh well, just ignore. It's not true. We did send that email, but you should just throw it out. And you really are stupid for believing this message, aren't you?". I was stupified. Happy of course, but stupified nonetheless. But my repeated asking for confirmation that this really was ignorable only resulted in more confirmations. So I did indeed decide to ignore the message and pass it off as a "Banca Intesa people are insane"-thing.
Ciao,
OJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, begint steeds meer en meer op een bananen republiek te lijken! Voor mijn nieuwe job is alles nu geregeld (unlike in bella Italia), jippie. Werk eerst voor 28 u/week en vanaf januari fulltime. heb er echt zin in.

take care en grtjes aan Fedor!!

Marie

Esther said...

Your new banners are amazing!! You have to tell me someday how to do that :)
And the Italian bankpeople...hmmmm... weird people, rather scary if they send random emails about closing your bank account and then telling you not to believe their own emails... Italy.... hope they don't really close your account!!!!
Hope to see you in the Netherlands soon, I'll be around Amsterdam, but can come to Utrecht or anywhere else in the neighbourhood!