Friday, June 22, 2007

It's been some time...

Mucho busy, is all I can say. From Friday until Tuesday, BarD and Marlous were visiting. Friday night we had a little food and a little drinky, but didnt go out too late. The day after, we went to Monza, a nearby city, to which Fedor and I had been wanting to go for quite some time, but never had a chance. This is a little, odd, because it is only about 15 minutes away by train! Now we finally did go there and enjoyed the town centre and its gorgeous park!



No pictures from the gorgeous park, unfortunately: we were to busy relaxing... We spent the Sunday shopping, which BarD and Marlous did very successfully. I left them alone at the end of the afternoon, in order to meet with Jakob, my former Master Supervisor and Groningen Professor. We drank some wine and I enjoyed all the gossip. At night, I met up with BarD and Marlous again (and Fedor, of course) in order to enjoy some more eating!
On Monday, I really had to get back to work (grading exams, et cetera), so the kids were left to themselves. They apprently rather enjoyed a visit to good ol' Como and we went for a lovely sushi aperitivo at nite.
All in all, it was an intensive, but enjoyable weekend!
However, there is obviously a lot of work to do as well. Apart from the exam time, which means a considerable amount of extra work, I also had a meeting with one of my supervisors in which I had to convince her that my second paper-idea is good (I think I managed). The biggest problem, however, is the fact that next week there is a deadline to hand in the first paper. I am nearly there, except that the results aren't quite as good as they should be... So this is causing a little teeny-wheeny bit of stress! Oh well, I guess I'll be fine!
This weekend, no visitors. But instead, we are going to have our Housewarming party! Oh yes, finally, after 11 months, we are going to have a house-warming party!!! Sunday afternoon, in a sort of Sunday Lunch/Housewarming/Summer Party kind of celebration, we have invited all our friends and colleagues and we hope to have a nice fiesta. This does mean there is a lot of preparing (and cooking) to be done, of course....
Ciao,
OJ
PS What the fuck is wrong with the Vatican? How do they get it into their fcking minds to say that "good catholics" do not support Amnesty International, because the organisation does not oppose abortion in all situations???? I mean, does the Vatican have nothing else to fight? Maybe, say, all the fcked up morons that do populate the planet and all the organisations that actually harm anybody? Fighting against Amnesty International is like trying to kill fluffy baby bunnies: JUST NOT COOL! (yes, that was a rant)

No comments: